5 Costly Personal Injury Case Mistakes
Whether or not an individual needs a personal injury lawyer is a very complex question with multiple answers. Indeed, there are examples of personal injury cases that can be handled without legal representation but generally speaking, the most successful personal injury cases are won secondary to the knowledge and expertise that comes with a personal injury lawyer. So, if you are asking yourself, “Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer,” the answer is most likely yes. Keep reading to learn 5 costly personal injury case mistakes that are made without legal representation.
- Overlook a “Free Consultation”: Most personal injury lawyers offer what’s called a “free consultation” in which they will review your personal injury claim and lead you in the correct direction. Overlooking the opportunity of a free consultation from an experienced personal injury lawyer may be the difference in receiving the monetary compensation you actually deserve vs receiving the bare minimum. On this note, the majority of personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they only get paid if you win the case or settlement.
- Rapid Settlement: A minor injury can develop into a major injury and if you have already agreed to a settlement, the possibility of filing any future claims is lost. An experienced personal injury lawyer would advocate waiting to settle until the extent of your injuries is known.
- Thinking Your Insurance Company Has Your Best Interest in Mind: This personal injury case mistake is quite common with the thought that you do not need a personal injury lawyer because you have insurance. Insurance adjusters are never your friend and their interpretation of what you say may not be what you said at all. A successful personal injury claim for the claimant ends with the maximum monetary compensation. A successful personal injury claim for either insurance company ends with the minimum monetary compensation possible.
- Knowledge: Reluctance to hire a personal injury lawyer because you think you know your injury best is a very costly personal injury case mistake. You may have sustained the injury, but the maze of how to deal with the outcome of your injury should be designated to a knowledgeable, experienced personal injury lawyer.
- The Statute of Limitations: The number 1 most costly personal injury mistake is not knowing your state’s Statute of Limitations or deadline to file a claim. Falling short of this deadline will leave you with nothing, despite the severity of your injuries.
Determining whether or not you need a personal injury lawyer is not a simple yes or no question. The Law Offices of Reginald Keith Davis, provide skilled, experienced and dependable legal representation with personal injury cases. We will help you answer this complex question and avoid these 5 costly personal injury case mistakes.